Employment Law – Management
Employers rely on Firm attorneys to provide proactive and practical solutions to employment related issues that arise in the workplace. This includes assisting with the preparation and implementation of employment policies tailored to the employer’s unique business needs. Our attorneys work closely with Firm clients to make sure that policies and procedures are compliant with federal, state and local law while addressing the particular goals and objectives of the business.
- Preparation and review of employment policies, procedures and handbooks.
- Training of managers and supervisors in the enforcement of employer policies and compliance with federal, state and local law.
- Representation in administrative investigation and litigation of claims arising under title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and other federal, state and local employment statutes.
- Affirmative Action compliance including compliance reviews.
- Drafting and enforcement of restrictive covenants.
- Training of managers and supervisors for effective and progressive discipline.
- Drafting and administering policies for drug/alcohol testing, pre-employment testing, promotion testing and recruiting.
- Advice and counsel on wage and hour and overtime pay issues.
- OSHA investigation and compliance.
- FMLA compliance.
- Federal and state WARN compliance.
- Helping employers to avoid claims of defamation, negligent hiring, and negligent retention.
- Employee monitoring and acceptable use policies for Company equipment and technology.
- Zero tolerance policies and workplace violence avoidance.